jai Shree Krushna,
Aachari Khichadi – the name itself is mouth watering !!! This is again the variety of the regular Khichadi , to break the monotony. Let us check the variations and make one today !
My Thakurji loves it – teamed with sweetened curds.
- 1/2 Cup – Rice
- 1/2 Cup -Moong Dal
- 3tbs – of any AACHAR MASAALA
- 2 tbs – Ghee
- Coriander leaves
- Pomagranate seeds for garneshing
1. Mix , wash and soak Rice and Dal for a while.
2. Heat Cooker and add Ghee – jeera, wait till it splutters , add the soaked mixture and add water to cover the mixture in the cooker.
3. Add salt and turmeric – cook for 2 whistles…close the flame and open the cooker stir to check consistency, add water if it is thick – to make it semi solid .
4. Now add the aachar masaala and stir nicely to mix properly.
5. Add coriander chopped leaves and pomagranate seed.
6. Takeout in a plate , garnish it with Ghee and serve with Curds sweetened.
Do not forget to do the final garnishing of Tulsi leaf – remember Shriji does not accept anything without it on top .