Akhrot – Walnut Halwa
Walnut Halwa, is very easy to make and an unconventional “Sheera” to be offered to Shree Thakurji , but with change of time Parmatma would also like this change of taste, though it is offered only in winters, as the potency is hot .
- Walnuts Shelled halves: 1¼ cup
- Ghee: ¼ cup
- Regular milk: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Cardamom powder: ¼ teaspoon
- 1. Process walnuts in a food processor to form a very coarse meal to the consistency of sugar granules.
- 2. Heat Ghee in a heavy sauce pan. Add walnut meal. Sauté and roast till the walnuts start to turn brown.
- 3. Add milk and continue stirring till the milk is absorbed and Ghee starts to separate.
- 4. Add sugar and cardamom powder, cook till the sugar has melted and a soft consistency of Sheera / halwa is obtained.
- Offer this Walnut Fudge , loved by young children to your young Kanha 🙂 i am sure he will love it.
- radhe radhe.