Dry Fruit Basundi
Jai Shree Krushna.
BASUNDI – is a Gujarati term used for Custard like desert preparation made from milk and served chilled in the summers.
Here we are making a simplest – basic Basundi . We can add fruits – flavours as per our need and availability of seasonal fruit, like mango , grapes , strawberry etc.
Very easy and quick way to make and offer Shree Thakurji in this scorching heat .
- Ingredients:½ liter whole milk
- 50 grams crushed Pedas
- 100 grams mixed nuts almonds,cashew nuts and pistachios,finely sliced / chopped
- 1 tsp.cardamom seeds powder
- 4 tblsps sugar
- In a thick vessel take milk, and sugar and cardamoms – put on a slow fire till the mixture is reduced to three fourths its quantity.
- Mix in crushed Pedas and cook till little thick,add the nuts and serve chilled.
- Garnishing with Tulsi dal and lots of devotion.