GHEBAR – A Delicacy in sweets. Shree Thakurji is fond of Ghebar. It is specially offered during SHARAD POORNIMA along with other sweets.
- Maida / Flour – 1 kg.
- Ghee – 250 gms
- Milk – 1 – 1/2 cup
- Ghee for deep frying.
- Sugar syrup with Kesar / Saffron.
- Chopped nuts for garishing.
- Preparation Method:Mix the maida flour with the ghee as ” moyan “, and add milk and warm water gradually making a smooth flowing batter, thinner than the bhajiya consistency.
- Heat the ghee, in a deep pan with straight wall, like “Tapeli” , pour the batter slowly , cautiously drops falling will travel to the sides , accumilating, keep stirring in the center with a wooden rolling pin. All the drops will form Ghaber with hole in center. When done take the Ghebar out slowly.
- Make the sugar syrup of 2 thread, with Kesar added to it. Pour this Syrup on the Ghebar. Garnish with chopped dry fruit. Finish the remaining batter the same way.
- Serve Shree Thakurji ,with lots of affection.