jai shree krushna,
On Ram Navmi, Pujyapad Rushivarji says , Mangoes are to be offered to Shree Thakurji for the first time in the season…
one can offer ripe, delicious, sweet smelling mangoes just like that by slicing / cutting…or prepare samagri , such as Mango Barfi .
- 6 medium sized mangoes
- ½ kg mawa
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ cup sugar for syrup
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few slices of almond and pista for garnishing.
- Prepare mango pulp and strain
- Mix the pulp to mawa in a heavy based pan, on low flame till it thickens
- Add ghee slowly, when ghee separates, remove from heat
- Make sugar syrup, add enough water to soak the sugar
- Make syrup of 1 thread consistency
- Mix the mango mawa mix on low flame with the prepared sugar syrup
- Stir on low flame till the mixture thickens
- Add saffron and cardamom powder
- Stir well, remove from heat, and pour on thali
- Sprinkle slices of almond and pista on it
- Cool and cut into pieces.