Modakpriya mod mangaldata, vidhya varidhi buddhi vidhata, favourite of Ganeshji, offered during the Ganesh Festival. Here is the recipe to please Vinayaka.
- 2 cups – freshly grated coconut
- 2 cups – grated jaggery [ gud]
- ¼ cup – chopped dry fruits (cashewnuts, raisins, pistachio, almonds)
- 1 tsp – cardamom powder
- ¼ cup – ghee
- 2 cups – plain flour (maida)
- Water, oil , salt.
- Heat ghee and add the dry fruits, add coconut and jaggery,Cook over medium flame, stirring occasionally.When the jaggery has melted and mixed with the coconut, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- To make the cover
Add salt and water to the flour and knead.The dough should be stretchy and smooth.
- Now , Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a circle of about 3″ diameter.Place a spoon of the jaggery mixture in the center, bring the edges together and seal.Repeat with the remaining dough.Deep fry on medium heat until crisp and brown, and serve Lord Ganesha, with humbleness, loads of request and love to bless you with your desire..