MOHAN THAL is a special sweet offered on the occasion of BASANT PANCHAMI.
- Besan – Gram flour – 2cups
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Cow’s Ghee- 1cup
- khoya – 1/2
- Chopped almonds and pistachios-1/2 cup
- Powdered cardamom-1tsp
- For basic mixture
- Heat a frying pan and add cow’s ghee to it. On heating add khoya and the Besan. Add dry fruits to the mixture and stir till the mixture turns reddish brown..Keep aside.
- For sugar syrup:
- Heat another saucepan, add water and sugar..Stir it and bring it to a syrupy consistency.
- Final procedure:
- Then add the reddish brown mixture to the sugar syrup and stir it till the consistency becomes thick like a paste. Pour the mixture on the grease plate and sprinkle the powdered cardamom.Leave the ‘mohan thaal’ to set. Then cut the ‘mohan thaal’ diagonally crosswise, hence the pieces obtained will be diamond shaped.The Basant Panchami bhog ‘mohan thaal’ is ready to be offered Ma Saraswati, Shree Krushna..