jai shree krushna,
In this heat of Jyesth maas, offer something cool and syrupy to Shree Thakurji in the doodhghar samagri. Rasogullas originally from West Bengal , is now found all over the world in tinned packs. It is a healthy sweet , favorite of almost everyone can be easily prepared at home with all purity and pious thoughts for your own Gopal.
- 1 litre cows milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- To prepare paneer / cottage cheese.
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. Citric acid
- Dissolve the citric acid in water.
- Boil the milk. In the boiling milk and add dissolved citric acid water, slowly till the milk curdles / precipitates completely.
- Drain out the water by pouring the paneer on a strainer / musline cloth.
- Hold the strainer along with the paneer in a running water tap to cool.
- Press the paneer with palm pressure to remove excess water.
- Rub the paneer well / knead till it turns white and soft.
- Shape the prepared Paneer into small balls.
- Boil water with sugar in a pressure cooker.
- When the syrup starts boiling, put the paneer balls and cover the pressure cooker.
- Turn off the heat when one whistle of pressure cooker is blown.
- When cooker cools down, remove the Rasgullas and cool them.
- Refrigerate to serve cool delicious syrupy Rasgullas to Shree Thakurji.