jai shree krushna,
SHRIKHAND , is yogurt made out of Curds / Maska. This is a refreshing sweet Doodhghar samagri , prepared and offered to Shree Thakurji in the summer season . Though largely available in India in different brands, to offer as Bhog we must prepare / siddh samagri ourselves for the satisfaction of Shree Thakurji.
- 1 kg thick curds
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- a few saffron (kesar) strands.
- 1 tbsp warm milk.
- 2 tsp cardamom powder.
- For the garnish
- pistachio slivers.
- almond slivers.
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approximately 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.
- Rub the saffron into the warm milk until it dissolves.
- Mix together the hung curds, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom in a bowl and churn using a hand blender.
- Serve garnished with slivers of pistachicos and almonds.
- Tips – VARIATION : STRAWBERRY SHRIKHAND
- Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries instead of the saffron and cardamom powder at step 3.Adjust the sugar accroding to the sweetness of the strawberries.