Thor – Mathadai
Thor / Mathadi is all time favourite and regular Prasadi samagri.
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup maida (plain flour )
- 1 tsp. Sesame seed
- Ghee for frying
- ½ cup sugar
- Few slices of almond and pistachio
- ½ tsp. Cardamom powder.
- Soak sesame seeds in water for an hour. Mix wheat flour, maida and soaked sesame seeds.Take ¼ cup melted ghee and Add to the flour mixture, knead the flour little water as a hard consistancy.
- Roll , thick puris like Thor. Deepfry in hot ghee, till light pink in colour.
- Make the sugar syrup, showing two threads when you test it dripping from spoon.
- Dip or cover the Thor with the sugar syrup and sprinkle with the chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder.
- THOR is ready to be offerd to Shree Thakurji…