- Khoya / Mawa 300gms
- Chena / cottage cheese / paneer 50gms – optional.
- Sugar 1kg
- Flour / Maida 50gms
- Eating Soda pinch
- Cardamom powder 5gms
- Pistachio chopped 10gms
- Saffron 1gm
- Rose water 2-3 drops
- Ghee to fry
- Knead koya gently breaking into granules.
- Make sugar syrup / chasni of 1 string consistency with the sugar. Keep it warm
- Add soda in 1 tsp of water.
- Combine the chenna and khoya. Add soda mix, flour and kead gently.
- Keep about 15gms of mixture for filling and divide about 24 balls of an inch diameter with the remaining mixture.
- Add pistachio and saffron to the mixture kept aside. Mix well.
- Flatten each ball, place little filling in the center, smoothen.
- Heat the Ghee, add the balls and deep fry on a slow fire until golden brown,constantly stir